As Halloween approaches us all the kiddos are getting excited to dress up and have a reason to eat gobs of candy! While Halloween is an exciting time for children it can be scary for worried parents. Some helpful tips for Halloween are;
- Trick or treat in large groups. Do not send children trick or treating alone.
- Examen candy to make sure it has not been tampered with.
- Trick or treat in lit up neighborhoods or take a flashlight.
- Do not eat homemade treats from strangers.
- Check your local news stations/newspapers for trick or treat days and times.
- Have some sort of reflective tape on trick or treat bag or costume.
- Watching for cars with parents driving children around neighborhoods trick or treating.
- Parents should talk with their children about safety precautions before going trick or treating.
Halloween is a time for fun but these safety precautions should definitely be taken to ensure a fun, safe Halloween! Taking children to family and friends to trick or treat is a safer option than walking around door to door. Another safe way to give children the opportunity to dress up and trick or treat is checking for local trunk or treats. Usually churches, business’s, and colleges will put on trunk or treats! Checking Facebook events, the newspaper, and looking online at news channels are ways you can find out more about trunk or treats!
Be on the lookout for our upcoming local Halloween trick or treating schedule from TPG!